Pesto Panzanella with Hearts of Palm and Kalamata Olives
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 4-6 Servings
A bright and crisp summer salad, this recipe combines our basil pesto with hearts of palm and briny Kalamata olives.
- 1 small loaf of crusty bread, cut into cubes, toasted
- 2 ¼ cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup Roland® Pitted Kalamata Olives, drained
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (14 oz) can Roland® Hearts of Palm, drained
- 2 oz Roland® Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 oz Roland® Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (6 oz) jar Roland® Basil Pesto
- Fresh torn basil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cube bread and bake until crusty about 10 minutes. Allow to cool and set aside
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, olives, red onion, and heart of palm. Mix to combine
- In a separate bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, grated garlic and salt
- To the large bowl add the toasted bread and dressing. Mix to combine
- To serve, arrange the sliced heirloom tomatoes on the plate and top with the salad and pesto. Garnish with freshly torn basil
In This Recipe
Pitted Kalamata Olives - 200/230
#71732 | 6 OZ. DW.
#46908 | 6 OZ.
Cultivated Hearts of Palm
#45840 | 14 OZ.
French Red Wine Vinegar
#70572 | 33.8 FL. OZ.