Pomegranate and Sun-Dried Tomato Couscous Salad
Difficulty: Medium | Makes: 4 Servings
Bright and hearty, this couscous salad is filled with both sweet and savory flavors and accompanied by rich chestnut and corn croutons - the perfect appetizer or side for any gathering.
Couscous Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups cooked Roland® Fine Quick Cooking Couscous
- 1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch curly parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup Roland®Roasted Chestnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup Roland® Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 3 tablespoons Roland® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Roland® Fine Crystal Sea Salt, to taste
Roasted Chestnut and Yellow Corn Crouton Ingredients
For the Croutons
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients for the yellow corn croutons (polenta, flour, salt, chestnuts, baking powder)
- Stir until combined, then add in the wet ingredients (egg, coconut milk, honey), mix until homogeneous
- Grease a 6 inch cake pan with cooking spray or oil
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake until golden brown, approximately 17-20 minutes
- Allow to cool completely, then dice into ½ cubes. Separate out on a baking pan and return it to the oven to cook until crunchy and golden, approximately 5-7 minutes
- Allow to cool before use
For the Salad
- Combine the dressing ingredients (pesto, oil, vinegar) in a medium bowl stir to combine
- Add all of the salad ingredients into the bowl, mix gently to combine all ingredients
- Season with sea salt. Salad can be served immediately or refrigerated for up to 12 hours
- Serve with chestnut corn croutons
In This Recipe
#72070 | 26.46 OZ.
#46604 | 7.4 OZ.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
#46870 | 6.52 OZ.
Unsweetened Coconut Milk
#86002 | 13.5 FL.OZ.