Spicy Sardine Toast
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 2-4 Servings
This savory and flavorful toast features Roland® Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Olive Oil with a spicy twist.
- 2 packs Roland® Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Roland® Jalapeno Peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup Roland® Piquillo Peppers, diced
- 4 slices Dutch Rye Bread (or bread of your choice)
- Roland® Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Natural Lemon Flavor, for drizzling
- Roland® Fine Crystal Sea Salt, to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish
- 1-2 lemons
- Dice up your jalapenos and piquillo peppers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine jalapenos, piquillo peppers, a bit of lemon oil, and a pinch of salt to make a salsa.
- Lay out your slices of bread (toasting optional) and place 3-4 sardines on each slice.
- Top the toast with your pepper mixture and lemon zest.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Garnish with cilantro and a lemon wedge and serve.
In This Recipe
Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Olive Oil
#15222 | 4.4 OZ.
Hot Sliced Jalapeño Peppers
#45770 | 11.5 FL.OZ.
#45558 | 8.1 OZ.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Natural Lemon Flavor
#76643 | 16.9 FL.OZ.