Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich with Pistachio Pesto
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 2 Servings
Food photographer, stylist, and recipe developer Marissa (@marissamakes_) featured our Roland® Fire Roasted Red Peppers in this tasty sandwich perfect for any lunch.
Pistachio Pesto Ingredients
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup Roland® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup shelled, unsalted pistachios
- 3 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Roland® Fine Crystal Sea Salt, or to taste
- 2 Roland® Fire Roasted Red Peppers, sliced in half
- 4 teaspoons Roland® Avocado Oil or Roland® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided, for toasting the bread
- 4 slices good quality sourdough
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into large coins
- 2 cups baby arugula, loosely packed
- Pistachio pesto
- Ground black pepper, to taste
For the Pistachio Pesto
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until combined (blend on medium until most of the nuts have been finely chopped, but some texture remains).
- Taste and adjust for salt and lemon, and set aside.
For the Sandwiches
- Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to a large skillet on medium high heat and add two slices of the sourdough, making sure to coat the bottoms of the bread thoroughly in the oil.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil over the tops of the bread, and toast until both sides are golden brown or to your liking. Repeat with the remaining bread and oil and allow to cool before assembling the sandwiches.
- Begin by spreading some pesto on each slice of bread and build your sandwich by layering the sliced fire roasted red pepper halves on one piece of bread, and the arugula and mozzarella on the other piece.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella with freshly ground black pepper, and sandwich the two bread halves together. Repeat with the other two slices of bread. Enjoy!
*Find Marissa on Instagram at @marissamakes_
In This Recipe
Fire-Roasted Red Peppers
#45654 | 12 OZ.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
#70628 | 16.9 FL.OZ.
#70654 | 8.45 FL.OZ.
Fine Crystal Sea Salt
#70826 | 8.8 OZ.