Fish Tacos with Pickled Ginger Slaw
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 4-6 Servings
Perfect for the summer, these Asian-inspired fish tacos are refreshing with a kick of spice.
- 2 pounds tilapia (or other mild white fish) fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons scallion, white parts only, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons Roland® Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Roland® Sesame Oil
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Roland® Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, for drizzling
Pickled Ginger Slaw
- 2 cups shredded white cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup scallion greens, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Roland® Sliced Water Chestnuts, julienned
- 2 teaspoons Roland® Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Roland® Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Roland® Sushi Ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon Roland® Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For the Marinade
- Combine garlic, chopped scallion, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil in a small mixing bowl, and whisk well until honey dissolves.
- Place fish in a large baking dish, and pour the marinade over the top.
- Turn fish to coat. Cover the baking dish and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 20 minutes, but not more than an hour.
For the Slaw
- Place the cabbage, carrots, scallions, and water chestnuts in a bowl.
- For the dressing, combine sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, pickled ginger, soy sauce, and sugar in a separate bowl, and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss well. Set aside.
For the Fish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the fish, uncovered, in the marinade for 7-12 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F; the fish should flake easily with a fork.
For the Tacos
- Flake fish into large pieces, and place in a warmed tortilla.
- Drizzle Thai Sweet Chili Sauce over fish, top with Pickled Ginger Slaw and garnish with cilantro leaves.