Chinese Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 4 Servings
These lettuce cups are ideal for a light meal or appetizer, colorful and bright featuring several items from our Asian collection.
For the Chicken Salad
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 1 11 oz can Roland® Fancy Whole Mandarin Orange Segments in Light Syrup, drained
- 1 8 oz can Roland® Sliced Water Chestnuts, quartered
- 8-10 butter lettuce cups
- 1 8oz package Roland® Rice Vermicelli
- 2 cups Roland® Grapeseed Oil
- Salt, to taste
For the Sesame Chili Dressing
- Heat the grapeseed oil to 350 degrees F. Using your hands and a pair of scissors, break the rice noodles apart into manageable amounts and separate them into 4-5 inch long strips
- Once the oil is heated, drop in the rice noodles and fry for 10 seconds or until puffed up and crispy. Drain well and finish with a little salt
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and set aside
- To assemble, lay the lettuce cups out and top with chicken, shredded carrot, shredded cabbage, water chestnuts, and mandarin oranges. Top with the sesame chili dressing and finish with crispy rice noodles
In This Recipe
#72334 | 8.8 OZ.
Toasted Sesame Oil
#87122 | 6.28 FL.OZ.
Sliced Water Chestnuts
#42533 | 8 OZ.
Fancy Whole Mandarin Orange Segments in Light Syrup
#64006 | 11 OZ.