Caesar Kofta with Piquillo Corn Salsa
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 8 Servings
These flavorful and simple-to-make kofta skewers are topped with Caesar dressing and a bright piquillo corn salsa.
- 5 Roland® Anchovies
- 1 pound ground lamb or beef
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 6-inch Roland® Bamboo skewers (presoaked in water to prevent burning)
- Caesar dressing, for drizzling
Piquillo Corn Salsa Ingredients
For the Kofta
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, at least 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine anchovies, egg yolk, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Using a fork combine the ingredients, incorporate the anchovies by smashing them (result should be a loose paste).
- Add the remaining ingredients and kneed the mixture together until evenly combined.
- Use ¼ cup of the kofta mixture to make cylindrical/rectangular patties around each skewer.
- Grill the skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side. Fully cooked internal temperature should be at least 160 degrees F.
- Remove from heat, serve on lettuce, and top with piquillo corn salsa and a drizzle of Caesar dressing.
For the Piquillo Corn Salsa
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
In This Recipe
Flat Fillets of Anchovies in Olive Oil
#18150 | 14 OZ.
#45558 | 8.1 OZ.
Chipotle Pepper Paste
#45786 | 7 OZ.
Fine Crystal Sea Salt
#70826 | 8.8 OZ.