Double Quinoa Pancakes
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 4 Servings
An update to a breakfast classic, these pancakes use red quinoa and quinoa flour to create a delicious stack.
- 2 cups Roland® Quinoa Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cooked Roland® Organic Red Quinoa
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (whole milk or skim)
- Pre-heat oven to warm setting. Whisk together the quinoa flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in the milk, melted butter, vanilla, and cooked quinoa
- Pour the flour mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until just combined. Gently fold ricotta cheese into the batter, leaving streaks of ricotta. Thin out the batter with additional milk to desired consistency
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Add a small amount of oil to coat the bottom of the pan
- Ladle 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan at a time, being careful not to crowd the pancakes. Cook until bubbles form on the tops of the pancakes and the edges start to dry
- Flip and cook the second side until golden brown and the center springs back when touched
- Keep the pancakes warm by stacking them on a baking sheet and place them in a pre-heated oven on a warm setting, covered with foil
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding a small amount of oil to the pan as needed for each batch
- Serve with Roland® Maple Syrup, Roland® Lingonberries, or Roland® Melba Sauce
In This Recipe
Organic Red Quinoa
#72679 | 12 OZ.
Maple Syrup, Grade A Amber Color, Rich Taste
#71686 | 12 FL.OZ.
Wild Swedish Lingonberries Stirred with Sugar
#62000 | 14.2 OZ.
Melba Sauce with Black & Red Raspberries
#87184 | 2 LB.