Truffle Crème Brûlée
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 4 Servings
The ultimate sweet and savory dessert. This Truffle Crème Brûlée by @sloanes.table offers amazing combinations of flavor!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and place 4 ramekins in a large baking dish
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil
- In a medium saucepan, heat the heavy cream over low-medium heat and bring to a boil or about 200 degrees F, stirring very frequently
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, salt, and egg yolks until the sugar dissolves and the mixture flows off of the whisk
- Temper the egg mixture by very slowly pouring in the heavy cream while whisking vigorously
- Once all of the heavy cream has been mixed in, add in the vanilla and Organic White Truffle Oil
- Pour the custard through a sieve into a large bowl or measuring cup, then divide between the ramekins
- Carefully pour enough boiling water into the baking dish to reach halfway up the ramekins
- Bake the crème brûlée for about 30-35 minutes or until set but slightly jiggly in the center
- Take the baking dish out of the oven, and remove the ramekins from the water. Allow to cool completely at room temperature for about 2 hours
- Once cool, place in fridge uncovered to chill overnight
- Once the crème brûlée is ready to be served, sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar in an even layer on each. Use a torch to caramelize the sugar, and enjoy!