Tom Kha Gai Chicken Coconut Soup
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 8-10 Servings
Rich, creamy and satisfying! Tom Kha Gai is an easy Thai Style Chicken Soup sure to impress.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut in 2” pieces
- 1 Thai chili, cut in half lengthwise
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 4” piece of ginger, peeled & cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breast, cut in thin 1 1/2” long strips
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced medium
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, first cut in 1/2 and
then cut in 2” slices
- 1 21 ounce can Roland® Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Roland® Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Roland® Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Roland® Chili Oil, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Green onions, for garnish, cut thin on
- Roland® Fine Sea Salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Combine chicken stock, lemongrass, Thai chili, and garlic in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes
- Strain and discard the solids
- Bring the stock back to a boil and add chicken strips. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked through
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and onion and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and lime juice. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper
- Garnish the soup with chili oil, cilantro leaves, and green onions and serve
In This Recipe
Organic Coconut Milk
#86018 | 13.5 FL.OZ.
#87420 | 6.76 FL.OZ.
#87084 | 8.5 FL.OZ.
Hot Chili Infused Oil
#87134 | 6.25 FL.OZ.