Mushroom, Caramelized Onion, and Truffle Oil Pizza
Umami flavors of mushrooms and truffle oil and the sweetness of caramelized onions come together with assorted cheeses to create this delicious pizza.
- 10-16 oz. pizza dough (depending on desired thickness)
- 12 oz. choice of: Roland® Marinated Sliced Mushrooms, Roland® Grilled Whole Mushrooms in Olive Oil cut in half, or Roland® Grilled Portobello Mushrooms in Olive Oil sliced
- 10 small garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 tablespoons Roland® Olive Oil
- 2 oz. choice: of Roland® Sautéed Onions or Roland® Grilled Borretane Onions in Olive Oil, halved
- 3 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Roland® Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped herbs, thyme and chives
- Roland® Fine Polenta, for dusting
- All purpose flour, for rolling
- Roland® Fine Sea Salt, to taste
- Roland® White Truffle Oil, for drizzling (get the White Truffle Oil on Amazon)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 500° F. Place a pizza stone or pan on the bottom rack of the oven to pre-heat for at least 30 minutes
2. Place dough on a lightly floured work surface; let stand at room temperature, about 20 minutes
3. Mix the ricotta cheese with vinegar, salt, and pepper
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly-floured surface into 12” round. Generously dust a pizza peel with polenta and place the dough on the peel for assembly
6. To assemble the pizza, spread the ricotta cheese mixture evenly on the dough; sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Evenly distribute the mushrooms, onions, garlic cloves, herbs, and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper
7. Carefully transfer the pizza crust onto the pizza stone or pan by sliding it off of the peel
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown
9. Top the pizza with a light drizzle of truffle oil and serve
In This Recipe
Grilled Borretane Onions Marinated in Oil
#31054 | 4.18 LB.
Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
#70568 | 33.8 FL.OZ.
#70626 | 16.9 FL.OZ.
Fine Grain Yellow Polenta
#72162 | 5 LB.