Miso Roasted Carrots with Citrus Black Truffle Crema
The umami-rich flavor of miso balances the sweetness of roasted carrots in this inventive vegetable-forward dish.
Miso Roasted Carrots
- 1 pound whole carrots
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plant-based butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Roland® Miso
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh "soft" herbs for garnish (dill, parsley, tarragon, basil, or cilantro)
Citrus Black Truffle Crema
For the Carrots:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Peel carrots, and trim the ends. Cut the carrots in half lengthwise
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine vinegar, butter and miso, stir until
- Add the carrots into the bowl, toss in the miso mixture until coated
- On a nonstick baking sheet, layout the carrots, season with salt and pepper
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes
- Flip each carrot over to achieve even cooking, return to oven for 15-20 minutes until slightly caramelized and edges begin to crisp
- Remove from pan and serve hot or room temperature – Garnish with fresh chopped fresh herbs if desired (suggest tarragon & Italian parsley)
For the Crema:
- Place potatoes into a small sauce pot, add water until all potatoes are just beneath the water. Heat the pot on the stove on medium high heat. Bring to a simmer, cook potatoes until fork tender (approx. 10 minutes after a simmer is achieved)
- Remove from heat, strain the potatoes and cool to room temperature
- Add the potatoes, coconut milk, salt, lemon juice and zest to a blender. Blend until smooth
- Pour into a container, cover and refrigerate. Allow at least 1 to chill before use
- Serve with roasted carrots
In This Recipe
White Miso Paste
#87610 | 36.1 OZ.
Unsweetened Coconut Milk
#86002 | 13.5 FL.OZ.
Black Truffle Oil – Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Black Truffle Pieces
#70664 | 3.38 FL.OZ.