Spiced Mandarin Orange Cake
Difficulty: Hard | Makes: 6-8 Servings
A delicious treat for the Lunar New Year! Enjoy our spiced mandarin cake for a lucky new year.
For the Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Roland® Speculoos Cookie Butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can Roland® Mandarin Orange Segments in Light Syrup, drained
- 1/4 cup Roland® Sliced Crystallized Ginger, finely chopped, for serving
- ¼ cup speculoos cookie crumbles, for serving
- Roland® Dulce de Leche, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a ¼ sheet tray with parchment and cooking spray
In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar. Add in cookie butter and mix to combine. Add in eggs, and sour cream mix to combine. Alternate with flour mixture and milk until combine. Using an offset spatula spread out the batter evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes
In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment combine butter, cream cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, and powdered sugar. Place frosting into a piping bag with a round tip
To assemble, cut out 3-inch rounds with a cookie cutter of the cooled cake. Each small cake should be 2 layers. On the first layer pipe the frosting in a circular pattern and top with mandarin oranges. Repeat with one more layer of a cake round on top, frosting, and mandarin oranges
Garnish with crystallized ginger, speculoos cookie crumble and dulce de leche
In This Recipe
Speculoos Cookie Butter
#65840 | 14.1 OZ.
Mandarin Orange Segments in Light Syrup
#64010 | 11 OZ.
Sliced Crystallized Ginger
#60320 | 6 LB.
Dulce de Leche
#65802 | 15.8 OZ.