Herbed Israeli Couscous with a Spicy Roasted Rack of Lamb
Food photographer and blogger Janani (@skillettoplate) developed a spicy roasted lamb recipe to pair with our Roland® Traditional Israeli Couscous, creating a delicious pair full of flavor and spice!
Herbed Couscous Ingredients
- 1 cup Roland® Traditional Israeli Couscous
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro or parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock or water
- Salt, to taste
Spicy Marinade Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Roland® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 7-10 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 cup fresh cilantro or mint, lightly packed
- 2-5 dry red chilis
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
Rack of Lamb Ingredients
- 2 lamb racks
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
For the Herbed Couscous
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan, add garlic, and sautée until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add salt and stir. Add chicken stock/water and bay leaf.
- Bring it to a boil then reduce to a slow simmer. Add the dry couscous.
- Cover and let it simmer until all the water/ chicken stock has been absorbed (about 10 minutes)
- After all the liquid has been absorbed, add the parsley or cilantro and stir to combine.
For the Spicy Marinade
- In the bowl of a small food processor, add all the ingredients listed and process the mixture until everything is well combined.
For the Rack of Lamb
- Season the lamb all over with kosher salt and pepper.
- Rub each rack of lamb all over with the spicy marinade. Let the lamb marinate for at least an hour at room temperature.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the lamb racks (fat side pointing up) on a sheet pan. Place the sheet pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Then carefully remove it from the oven and turn the rack of lamb on the other side and return the sheet pan to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes (this will cook the lamb for a rare-medium scale. If you prefer medium, extend the cooking time by 5 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and tent with foil. Allow the lamb about 10 minutes to rest before carving.
- Serve the carved lamp chops over herbed couscous and roasted vegetables of your choice.