Gochujang Udon Noodle Stir Fry
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 2 Servings
This spicy-umami udon noodle stir-fry is ready in just 30 minutes! Follow Annie Siegfried for more delicious recipes on instagram.
For the Noodles
- 8 ounces Roland® Organic Udon Noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bell peppers (red and green), sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup Thai basil, chopped
- Toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions for serving
For the Sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons Roland® Gochujang (get the Gochujang on amazon)
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Roland® Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Roland® Tahini
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Roland® Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Cook Udon noodles in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool running water. Lightly drizzle with vegetable oil and toss to prevent the noodles from sticking together; set aside
- Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the mushrooms, stir to coat and spread into an even layer. Cook undisturbed until they turn deeply golden brown on the bottom, about 10 minutes. Once the bottoms of the mushrooms are golden, give them a stir and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are deeply caramelized, about 5 more minutes
- Add the bell peppers, carrots, ginger, garlic and white parts of green onions to the mushrooms and cook an additional 2 minutes
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl, add to the stir fry and bring to a simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Add the noodles, spinach, and basil and toss until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Garnish with desired amount of green onions and sesame seeds
*Find Annie on Instagram @anniesiegfried
In This Recipe
#87720 | 17.6 OZ.
Organic Udon Noodles
#72314 | 12.8 OZ
#70150 | 16 OZ.
Oyster Flavored Sauce
#87030 | 7.03 FL.OZ.