Crispy Fried Artichokes with Maple Gochujang Sauce
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 4 Servings
Crispy fried artichokes with a delicious Asian-style gochujang sauce! These bite-size shareables are perfect for any game day!
- 2 cans Roland® Quartered Artichoke Hearts
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoon grapeseed or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Roland®Gochujang (get the Gochujang on Amazon now)
- 1 tablespoon Roland®Habanero Pepper Sauce (or your hot sauce of choice)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Roland® Maple Syrup
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- English cucumbers cut into sticks (optional)
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl combine cornstarch and eggs to form a batter. Coat the artichokes in the batter, then cover in panko bread crumbs
- Season with sea salt, then drizzle with oil – mix to evenly distribute the oil and salt
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment, lay out the artichokes so they are not touching. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes
- Remove the artichokes from the oven and turn each of them over. Return the artichokes to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until desired level of crispness is achieved
- While the artichokes are finishing, place a small saucepan over low heat. Add the Gochujang, hot sauce, maple syrup, and butter to the pot. Stir continuously to combine while the butter melts. Once the butter has melted, remove from heat and set aside
- Once the artichokes are finished roasting, remove from pan and place into a clean large mixing bowl, pour the sauce over artichokes and toss to coat them evenly
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with lemon wedges
In This Recipe
#87720 | 17.6 OZ.
Habanero Pepper Sauce
#32916 | 32 FL.OZ.
Quartered Artichoke Hearts
#40212 | 13.75 OZ.
Maple Syrup, Grade A Amber Color, Rich Taste
#71686 | 12 FL.OZ.