Cream of Mushroom Soup
Difficulty: Medium | Makes: 6 Servings
Digital creator and food photographer Swarnika (@swarnika) whips up a creamy and delicious soup highlighting our Roland® Organic White Truffle Oil.
- 2 tablespoons Roland® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Roland® Organic White Truffle Oil (get the Organic White Truffle Oil on Amazon)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh thyme, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil and butter in a heavy bottomed pot. Sautee onions for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes. Add fresh thyme, salt, pepper, and Roland® Organic White Truffle Oil.
- Add the flour to the mushrooms mixing well to prevent any lumps. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of cream, Roland® Organic White Truffle Oil, and fresh thyme.
*Find Swarnika on Instagram at @swarnika_