Barbecue Jackfruit Tacos
Difficulty: Easy | Makes: 4-6 Servings
Barbecue jackfruit tacos are a vegetarian alternative to a dinner favorite, full of flavor and finished with toppings of your choice.
- 1.5-2 (19-ounce) cans Roland® Young Green Jackfruit in Brine, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Roland® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Roland® Fine Sea Salt
- Package of small corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 radish, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- After draining and rinsing, shred the jackfruit in a large bowl
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add your chopped onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant
- Add your jackfruit to the pan. Stir in your barbecue sauce, cumin, paprika, and salt to coat
- Cook for another five minutes or until jackfruit is browned, stirring every so often
- Build your tacos with the toppings of your choice. Squeeze fresh lime and serve
In This Recipe
Young Green Jackfruit in Brine
#45021 | 19 OZ.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
#70628 | 16.9 FL.OZ.
Fine Crystal Sea Salt
#70826 | 8.8 OZ.